Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Forever and A Day Movie (2011)


Cast

Sam Milby as Eugene
KC Concepcion as Raffy
Dante Rivero
Vivian Velez
Rayver Cruz
Bembol Roco
Matet De Leon
Spanky Manikan
Bing Pimentel
Lui Villaruz
Robin Da Rosa
Helga Krapf

Two favourite lines from the movie:
“Kaya mo bang mahalin ang isang taong alam mong mawawala rin sa’yo?” – KC Concepcion as Raffy Salvador.
“It took me a day to fall in love… and it will take me forever to say goodbye” – Sam Milby as Eugene Servero.

Meet Mr. Eugene Severo. Athletic, competitive, powerful, masculine and young. He belongs to the “fast-paced” world of the corporate field of tasks, creating innovative but not so expensive shoes in the offices of a Makati skyline.
Meet Raffy. Beautiful, very feminine, very ideal. When her desire to be with herself to forget her sickness leads her to a place of adventures, high-risk games and recreational sports – she suddenly meets the man of her dreams. But can she escape what lies beneath her fragile world?
Eugene and Raffy. Two hearts. Two souls. One love.

Move highligts:
*No cute KC Concepcion! - KC has made a living out of playing cute characters but she pulls of a watchable performance as a semi-depressed person. This is her only film so far that she moved me.
*First person perspective shots - Cinematography puts the viewers in interesting angles, especially in the action shots in the exciting zip lines and white water rafting scenes.
*Bittersweet ending - Yes, the film takes a break from the happy-shmappy Filipino formula. This I will say: my auntie who is a jolly person was in tears after the film. Tear jerker indeed.
What I love about this movie also is that the movie also shown how great our country is in terms of tourist destinations. We know Boracay, Palawan and Davao. But Bukidnon and Cagayan De Oro are worth visiting! I fell in love with Tinago falls in Iligan City. A very heartwarming view of smokey and verdant falls is so refreshing and breathtaking that I would want to visit Bukidnon anytime soon. I’ve also learned that the longest Zip line in Asia is in Bukidnon. If I’m not mistaken the movie mentioned about 840 meters!
Anyway, there may not be kilig scenes at all times but it was forgivable since the plot explains why. The story was narrated in a gracious way and at some point you would feel your dry throat since some of the lines are real life situation. Truth is, I realized a lot in this movie, or should I say I was again reminded of precious things in life that need not to be wasted. I can say that the story is predictable but it doesn’t discredit the movie of how it was being told.

Image source: Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment